Wes Anderson’s Films, in Order of Quality (Objective), Best to Worst (except Big Eyes)
1. The Grand Budapest Hotel
3. The Royal Tenenbaums
4. Fantastic Mr. Fox
5. Moonrise Kingdom
6. Bottle Rocket
7. The Darjeeling Limited
8. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Wes Anderson’s Films, in Order of Preference (Subjective), Most to Least Favorite
1. Fantastic Mr. Fox- I just love it so. It's smart, funny, fast, and so light as to feel effortless. And that's even before we discuss the technical charms of the figures on screen.
2. The Royal Tenenbaums- Was my favorite for years. Easily his best work live action, in my opinion. Every shot means something, every location is utilized just the right amount.
3. Moonrise Kingdom- His most magical feeling, in my opinion. It feels steeped in magical realism without ever really being a magical realism film. That probably doesn't make sense, but it is how I feel.
4. The Grand Budapest Hotel
5. Rushmore- Everyone's favorite, it seems, but...it leaves me cold, mostly. Many days, it would be 6 and...
6. Bottle Rocket- ...this one, with its anarchic sense of glee would be 5. It is not as well made, but man does it pulse with life.
7. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou- It's not bad, per se, but it's....not good either. It just feels a little half baked, like he fell in love with the characters so much he forgot to give them a story to tell.
8. The Darjeeling Limited- Inert. Beautiful. I'd argue a better made movie than Life Aquatic, but...inert. Probably the only one I consider out and out to be bad on the list.